Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Dreamcast Online

Dreamcast Online 3 years 1 month ago #1

• DarkSynbios
  • Wishlister
  • I like video games, Metal(Steve Harris sucks), Movies
Εδω θα μπορουμε να μιλαμε για τα online παιχνιδια του Dreamcast.

Παρολο που εχουνε περασει 14 χρονια απο την διακοπη παραγωγης του Dreamcast, υπαρχουν καποιοι τιτλοι που τρεχουν online μεσω private servers τα οποια ειναι : Phantasy Star Online (V2), Quake 3 Arena, Maximum Pool , 4X4 Evo και το προσφατος Toy Racer.

Μετα την διαθεσιμοτητα του SNAP SDK πιθανον να επιστρεψει το online του Alien Front Online και αλλων τιτλων.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Dreamcast Online 3 years 1 month ago #2

• DarkSynbios
  • Wishlister
Moband Adapter (Dreamcast Modem To Broadband Replacement)

the collaboration / interest in the GD-ROM emulation project generating a lot of successful hardware, I figured now would be a good time to introduce a project I've been working on / off again over the past ten years and hopefully help it reach its full potential.

It started with wanting to create a better version of the Dreamcast dial-in server that uses the Windows 98 dial-up networking / telephony services and a NAT application. Failing to meet the ease-of-use requirements I placed on the project, I went to the next step and programmed my own dial-in server from the ground up with built in PPP protocol, NAT, and DNS services. This allowed one single application, independent of the operating system, to answer the Dreamcast modem's call and successfully reroute it through the computer's network interface device.

While the goal of ease-of-use was met, reliability was still questionable at best. Problems with PC modems still caused system instability and the Dreamcast was limited by the speed of the modem's A/D D/A conversions.

Enter the (Mo)dem / Broad(band) Adapter (Moband):

Moband solves both of those problems by eliminating the modem entirely. It appears as a Conexant-based 56K modem adapter to the Dreamcast, but is instead directly connected to a computer via USB while simulating the basic functionality of the original modem adapter. This means that NO hardware or software modifications are necessary to use the adapter with retail games.

Speed-wise, wait times for the Dreamcast to call the PC are eliminated meaning practically instant access to the network. As someone whose work with the Dreamcast is primarily with brining its offline games online again, it makes things much faster.

Homebrew developers can put the device in a direct communication mode that bypasses the dial-up stack retail games use to either use the adapter to debug their software or create their own online games.

Currently, the adapter requires an application PC-side to offload the PPP and network stacks. Ideally, I would like to replace the USB connection with an Ethernet connection and move all of the processing onboard to make the adapter truly self-contained, but I am primarily a software developer, so my knowledge of the hardware needed to accomplish that is limited.

Currently, the prototype is using a Parallax Propeller 8-core 32-bit microcontroller with specific stages of the communication offloaded to each core (ex: one core is dedicated to receiving over USB while another sends, one core is dedicated to register emulation, etc).

This is where I turn to the community for input / advice on how to implement the features mentioned above. Any recommended Ethernet controllers? JJ1odm's LAN to serial adapter is something I've been looking into. Please remember, the goal of this project is transparency to the Dreamcast, so everything has to be processed on the adapter.

Dreamcast Online 3 years 1 month ago #3

• NikeFerrari
  • Που να σε φάειν η Unboxed Μούλαν!
  • Thank you received: 1579
Έχω Dreamcast ακόμη κάτω απο την TV αλλά χωρίς το LAN καλώδιο.

Εσύ προσωπικά δηλαδή ακόμη ασχολείσαι με τα συγκεκριμένα online;

Dreamcast Online 3 years 1 month ago #4

• DarkSynbios
  • Wishlister
Ναι ασχολουμαι ακομα και ιδιως περισσοτερο με το Phantasy Star Online V2. Διαθετω ΒΒΑ και αυτο βοηθαει παρα πολυ, λογω οτι δεν χρειαζεται να βαλω dial up(αλλα με αυτο χανεις καποια αλλα ονλαιν παιχνιδια). Τωρα καποιο μελος του Assembler Games δουλευει πανω στο project Moband. To συγκεκριμενο θα ειναι modem simulator και θα συνδεεις πανω σε αυτο USB η LAN. Θα ειναι μια λυση πολυ ευκολη και οικονομικη οσον αφορα το να αγορασεις BBA που ειναι ακριβο.

Dreamcast Online 3 years 2 weeks ago #5

• DarkSynbios
  • Wishlister
Σε οσους αρεσει να αγοραζουν νεα παιχνιδια για το Dreamcast, το παρακατω βιντεακι ειναι μια μικρη παρουσιαση για τις συσκευασιες του Dreamcast του παιχνιδιου Pier Solar(Εχει βγει σε PS4,3,XBOX One,Ouya)!

Επισης ανεβηκε ενα μικρο preview για το επερχομενο FPS τρομου στο Dreamcast.