Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: EVGA 1070, 1080 FTW, η στάση της EVGA.

EVGA 1070, 1080 FTW, η στάση της EVGA. 1 year 7 months ago #1

• hiimFred
  • Storekeeper
  • Computer and video games enthousiast - Veroia - GR
  • Thank you received: 119
Η ερώτηση μου:

Hello again EVGA support, I'm Lefteris from Greece.
So what's the deal with us living in Europe and the VRM and VRAM temps?
Need to remind you that my card aslo suffers from a possible faulty fan controler (fans cant go below 20%) and a minor coil whine.
Temperatures in Greece can reach up to 42 degrees Celsius.
Plus I paid 550 euros (there is a monetary crisis in Greece) for this card, that's 610 US dollars with the current currency and I'm starting to worry if I made the right choise.
I do have the outmost respect for your company, and your customer service and I demand I'm being treated respectively.

Η απάντηση της EVGA:

Hello,

I do apologize for any confusion this matter has caused as I would like to take the time to clear up the any issues you may have about the 1080 / 1070. The EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 and 1070 do in fact have thermal pads as air alone could never cool this area enough to operate properly. The test that was run causing people to be worried was with a benchamark that has been known by Nvidia to damage cards in the past. Due to this the drivers by Nividia actually have it built in so that if your are running this program the card will throttle down. Some people know how to get around this and will run the card in extreme environments.

We are offering extra thermal pads to customers that want to see better temps when pushing the hardware however this is not necessary and is completely optional. These additional thermal pads will be installed between the backplate and the PCB and between the baseplate and the heatsink fins only as these add additional support to the card for extreme use. These cards are within spec and will run under normal circumstances with no issues. We are here to support you and if there is any issues with the product you are still covered under its available warranty.

We have a VBIOS update available for download on our Forums here at forums.evga.com/EVGA-GeForce-GTX-1080107...Update-m2573491.aspx which will help the cards stay even cooler with the Thermal Pads

Please log in to your EVGA account and visit the link below to request your thermal pads.

eu.evga.com/thermalmod/default.asp#request

The fans will not go below 20% because the power that the fans take will not allow it to go below 20% and coil whine is not an indication of failure of any kind. In fact, it's relatively common among high powered electronics, but is normally generated at a frequency that most human beings cannot hear it. They are both nothing to worry about and your card should work just fine.

Regards,
EVGA
Last Edit: 1 year 7 months ago by hiimFred.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

EVGA 1070, 1080 FTW, η στάση της EVGA. 1 year 7 months ago #2

• mistborn
  • Add-to-carter
Οποτε οι καινουργιες καρτες δεν θα εχουν εξτρα thermal pads, απλα θα εχουν το καινουργιο vbios, αρα δεν χρειαζετε να γινει αντικατασταση της καρτας, ετσι ;

EVGA 1070, 1080 FTW, η στάση της EVGA. 1 year 7 months ago #3

• hiimFred
  • Storekeeper
Απ' ό,τι φαίνεται όχι.

EVGA 1070, 1080 FTW, η στάση της EVGA. 1 year 7 months ago #4

• eptanhsios
  • Wishlister
  • ~Winter is coming...
  • Thank you received: 1
Οι νέες κάρτες θα φοράνε τα thermal pads. Με custom fan profile σε παιχνίδια δεν νομίζω να υπάρξει πρόβλημα

EVGA 1070, 1080 FTW, η στάση της EVGA. 1 year 7 months ago #5

• hiimFred
  • Storekeeper
H EVGA με διαβεβαίωσε πάντως πως ακόμη και τίποτα απολύτως να μη κάνει κάποιος (αναβάθμιση vbios ή thermal pads), δε θα υπάρχει κανένα απολύτως πρόβλημα με τι λειτουργία της κάρτας. Είναι θέμα που απ ό,τι κατάλαβα πήρε μεγάλες διαστάσεις χωρίς λόγο.